- Community Health/Food Security/ Impact
Food for Life is seeking Directors for our Board with background and expertise in any of the following 3 areas: Operations, Finance and Community Health/Food Security/Impact. Each position is a three-year term beginning at our next annual meeting in June 2022. We are looking for strategic contributors to work with a mature Board and strong and enthusiastic management team to help Food for Life continue doing GOOD.
Food for Life is the collaborative leader in sourcing, sorting and sharing fresh food in Halton Region and Hamilton. Over 25 years, Food for Life has grown into the largest food recovery program in Halton Region bringing fresh and nutritious food to those in need. Through the pandemic, Food for Life emerged as a leader, pivoting quickly to respond to a 30% increase in neighbours reaching out for food support
Directors work closely with the executive team at Food for Life to provide guidance, direction and expertise to help develop the organization’s strategic mission and further the impact we are providing in the communities we serve. Past Board experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment, and an understanding of, and passion for food security are beneficial.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by February 28, 2022, to email@example.com.
Role descriptions, time commitment, expectations and additional details are below…
If you have any of the following skills, we would like to hear from you:
|Operations||Finance||Community Health/Food Security/Impact|
Time Commitment & Expectations
- Board Members can expect to allocate approximately 10-15 hours per month on average to Food for Life duties. This time commitment can fluctuate up or down depending on circumstances.
- The Board meets 6-8 times per year – virtually right now, or at our Burlington warehouse/office location, plus additionally one day/year for a weekend planning retreat
- Directors participate in some community events and functions
- Board members work with Food for Life team members to provide mentorship/guidance at a strategic level
- Board members are expected to participate in at least one Committee (finance, operations, governance and marketing)
- At Food for Life, we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive organization and we are especially interested in applicants with diverse
- In addition to the above-described time commitment, Board Members should expect to contribute financially, commensurate to the role and expectations of other Directors
- As per Food for Life policy, active Board Members must be fully
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Board is comprised of community and business leaders and contributors.
- The Board currently comprises 9 Directors, organized into the following Committees.
- Executive Committee: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
- Finance Committee
- Governance & Nominating Committee
- Operations Committee
- Marketing and Communications Committee