$50,000-$60,000 per annum
Three weeks’ Vacation Plus So Much More!
Food for Life Halton & Hamilton is the regional leader in rescuing and distributing GOOD fresh and frozen food. We support the community by supplying healthy food directly to neighbours and to a network of non-profits and partners who offer food support programs. Food for Life is a thought leader that is built on a unique supply chain model driven by environmental sustainability.
Food for Life is at an exciting stage of its evolution, and we are looking for the right person to step in and efficiently put their skills and passion to use in helping us continue our GOOD work.
The role has the overall responsibility for marketing implementation, content creation, social and community management, email deployment, as well as the planning, execution, tracking and reporting of digital marketing activities to achieve Food for Life’s brand awareness, engagement and fundraising goals.
Working with our Marketing Agency you will be responsible for adhering to brand and style guidelines while you:
- Implement yearly marketing plans in collaboration with our Marketing Agency
- Manage our Online Community Engagement. Be the day-to-day lead for all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Support Fundraising and Impact
- Create and deploy email marketing campaigns, including automated drip campaigns (triggered and recurring).
- Support audience segmentation and list management for email deployment.
- Enhance the UX/UI of the Foundation’s donation pages.
- Content Creation through research and writing compelling copy primarily for digital channels with a focus on social media, email and web for internal and external audiences.
- Management and updating of our engaging, visual content (images, infographics, video, animated .gifs) primarily for digital channels – both owned and paid media.
- Reporting and Insights. Track, measure and interpret social media, email and website metrics to assist in identifying trends and opportunities for optimization.
- Innovate. Propose creative and innovative ideas to drive engagement and conversions (donate, fundraise, or register for an event).
- Stay up to date on digital marketing best practices, as well as the latest developments and trends.
You have specific technical skills including:
- Is proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Canva, and Adobe Creative Cloud design programs (for PC).
- Is experienced in design, photography and creating animated assets.
- Is experienced with shooting and editing videos in various formats such as Facebook/Instagram reels.
- Is experienced with Hootsuite and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, as well as their insights/analytics tools.
- Is familiar with Google Analytics, Google Search Console and SEO best practices.
- Is experienced with email service providers such as Luminate and Mailchimp.
- Is familiar with AODA and CASL.
- Experience with creating and executing social media, Google and display ad campaigns is an asset.
- Familiarity with CMS platforms such as WordPress is an asset.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or health care is an asset.
We are looking to welcome a teammate who Has a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing from a recognized university or college and a minimum of three years of related work/volunteer experience.
You are a compelling writer/editor and natural storyteller who can skillfully adapt messaging for different audiences and channels and understand mobile-first UX/UI principles and how users consume digital content.
You are data-driven and champion a test-learn-optimize approach.
You are comfortable working in a caring environment that involves a combination of in-person and remote work and has the fashion sense of wearing steel-toed safety shoes as required.
You are an active learner that takes leadership over your professional development and growth and has knowledge and or experience in the charitable business and transportation sector.
You are Disney-esc in your approach to customer service and are keenly aware of the vital role that great service plays in the overall impact of an organization. You strive to deliver a second-to-none experience.
You have strong project management skills, including the ability to set and track goals, meet deadlines, and handle a normal volume of work. You enjoy getting things done, on time, and done well.
You are resilient and creative in face of challenges and look for opportunities to grow and enhance your skills and share your ability and knowledge with others.
Finally, you have a passion for other areas of our mission as part of your role will be to engage some of your paid time to better understand and support other functions as part of your ongoing development.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Three weeks of annual vacation plus support like Wellness Hours and many other great staff benefits
- Supportive fully sponsored health benefits plan after three months.
- A chance to work with an amazing team in a dynamic environment
- Making a difference in the lives of people and the planet
- Be at home every night
TO START YOUR NEW ADVENTURE
Food for Life is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require accommodation, please inform us in advance of our meeting.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with your name in the file as a pdf. Word documents will not be opened.
Consideration of applications will begin at once and continue until the position is filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered.